GROUP SIZE: 20 – 30 pax
PICKUP: 06.45am – 7.15am (the specific pickup time is subject to the customer’s hotel/ accommodation’s specific location).
RETURN: 18:00 PM
ROUTE: HCMC – Cai Be – Tien Giang – HCMC
– Enjoying a boat ride to the remains of Cai Be floating market on Tien River – a renowned wholesale one a couple of decades ago
– Uncovering exciting things of local family businesses, e.g. the unique ways they make coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn
– Taking in the sweet melody of Vietnamese traditional folk music while savoring fresh fruit
– Unwinding on wooden sampans through narrow canals and soaking up the atmosphere of the Mekong Delta
– Making a visit to Ba Duc Ancient House – a perfect mix of the Occidental and Oriental architectural styles
– Having the real local Mekong cuisine
Cai Be - Tien Giang
07:30 AM: Depart from Ho Chi Minh city by bus. You can see en route lush green paddy fields stretching towards the horizon. It’s an approximately three-hour drive.
Right after landing in Cai Be District, Tien Giang Province, leisurely cruise to the remains of the Cai Be wholesale floating market, which used to be hustling on the Tien River a couple of decades ago. A prospect of the floating market from the boat brings you more understanding of changes in the local trading habit when transportation and hi-technique have started advancing considerably over recent years.
Meanwhile, it’s also a visit to see how unique and diverse the indigenous cultures are and how lush orchard gardens are. You will understand why this area becomes the basket of fruits in the lower part of the Mekong River.
Ba Duc Ancient House is the next stop and one of the impressive parts in the itinerary to Cai Be as well. The house was erected as if it is for illustrating that the architecture largely contributes to the prosperity of the Mekong Delta. What makes the structure more elaborate is its harmonious mix of the Occidental and Oriental architectural styles.
Promenade along small village paths and pay a visit to local family businesses to witness the ways they make coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Also, step in a small bee farm for sightseeing and linger for a few minutes to enjoy honey tea.
Afterwards, travel to Tan Phong Island where you will soak up the tranquility of nature and have the Vietnamese cuisines for lunch at a local restaurant.
Take a couple of bites of fruit and absorb the sweet melody of Vietnamese traditional folk music, which has been close to the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people for a long time.
Another experience that is surely a plus point for the trip is getting on a rowing wooden sampan to explore the serene space of the water area. Just observe the scenery around, and kick back while the sampan moves through narrow canals.
Travel back to Cai Be from Tan Phong Island, and get back on the bus for the trip to Ho Chi Minh City. End the tour.
Price & Bookings
|Price per person in US$
|Adult (from 12 years old)
|Child (1st) (From 4 – 11 years old)
- Inclusions: : A/c van/bus sightseeing as per program; mineral water ; boat trips in the Mekong delta, English speaking guide, all entrance fees , lunch as indicated in the program.
- Exclusions: Travel insurance, personal costs & tips, other services not mentioned in the inclusions, pickup and transfer (centrally located hotels in District 1, HCMC)
- Drop-off time is subject to traffic, weather, etc., so the finished time could be later than expecting.
- Pickup at the meeting point (TNK Travel office) at 7:15 AM
- Pickup at and transfer to the centrally located hotels/accommodations in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City:
+ Pickup time is 6:45- 7:15 AM; customers must be present at the lobby on time. (the specific pickup time is subject to the customer’s hotel/ accommodation’s specific location).
+ TNK Travel just offers pickup to customers at the hotels located in the center of District 1, consisting of streets: Lý Tự Trọng, Lê Thánh Tôn, Trương Định, Nguyễn An Ninh, Phan Chu Trinh, Lưu Văn Lang, Lê Anh Xuân, Đồng Khởi, Nguyễn Huệ, Thi Sách, Thủ Khoa Huân, Thái Văn Lung, Mạc Thị Bưởi, Hồ Huấn Nghiệp, Nguyễn Thái Bình, Lê Thị Hồng Gấm, Bùi Thị Xuân, Sương Nguyệt Anh and Ký Con.
+ The specific pickup time varies according to the specific location of the customers’ hotels or the pickup points required. Because of the Vietnamese traffic rules, customers at hotels/accommodations located in alleys will be not provided with pickup.
- Your punctuality is strictly required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child rate applies only when 1 child shares services with 2 paying adults; otherwise, the child shall be charged the adult rate. A surcharge may be required in every booking with 2 or more children.
- Infant rate applies when an infant does not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at the time of booking.
Share your thoughts with other customers.