Explore the hidden treasures of Luang Prabang, Take a delightful walking tour past the temples and colonial architecture of Luang Prabang, Marvel at treasures in the Royal Palace Museum, Admire the the mysterious Pak Ou Caves.
- Tour Code LPT-02
- Length 3 days / 2 nights
- Start From Luang Prabang
- Tour Type
Luang Prabang – Arrival
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the city or simply relax. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Luang prabang – Pak Ou Caves – Luang Prabang
After breakfast, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xieng thong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. En route, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where the local speciality of rice wine is produced. On our return, we stop at the local villages of Ban Xieng mene and Ban Chan then continue to see the royal temple at Wat Long khoun. Once back in Luang Prabang city.In afternoon, time permitting; your half day city tour begins with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. We with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We also have time to visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Luang prabang – Departure
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight. End of Luang Prabang stopover.
Price & Bookings
Tour price includes:
• Transportation in private
• Accommodation in twin shared room
• Boat trip as stated in above sights
• English speaking guide
• Admission fee to indicated sights
• Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
• Gov’t tax and service charge
• Luggage handling and drinking water
Tour price excludes:
• Visa stamping fee on arrival
• Air ticket
• Travel Insurance in all kinds
• Lunch or dinner unless where stated
• Single room (quoted separately)
• Other foreign language guide
• Peak tourist season or special event rates
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
• No Show = 100 % charge
• 1-7days = 50 % of the tour price
• 8-14days = 30 % of the tour price
• 15-30 days = 10 % of the tour price
• 31 days up = no charge
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on the confirmed flights, road conditions, and room availability.
• Hotels listed in above might not be upto standard of your expectation, especially in the remote area where limitation of accommodation.
• Prices are subject to change in case of VAT or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations
Share your thoughts with other customers.