An undemanding yet comprehensive exploration of all Inle Lake and all its surroundings has to offer. This tour of Myanmar is perfect for families and the lone traveler alike. Bike along the lake’s shores, discovering village markets, local hilltribe people, fisherman preparing their boats and take in the sights of the surrounding Shan hills. You will also veer off through rice paddies and down countryside lanes, stopping to chat to locals and enjoy a refreshing drink.
A full day trek starting in Magyigone village takes you through Pa-Oh and Intha villages including Moe Gong, Tat-Gyi, Don-Tha Khaw and Hti Ne where you eventually stop for lunch and sample some delicious local style cooking.
Continue your tour of Inle Lake with a visit to the morning markets on the lake shows their immense popularity and a range of the local goods produced by the skilled Intha people. The trip also includes a stop at the Nga Hpe Chaung Monastery, famous in Myanmar for its dozens of Shan Buddha statues and resident cats that have been trained to jump through hoops. Enjoy Inthar or a Shan inspired lunch served to you on the lake today. A final visit to Inpawkhone reveals the resident silk weaving skills of its people, where the stems of lotus flowers are also woven in a time consuming process. Here you can also visit a cheroot factory and a place where Burmese cigars are rolled by hand.
Heho – Nyaung Shwe (Biking)
Your destination this morning is Nyaung Shwe, the gateway to Inle Lake. From here you head to the lake’s western shores and the village of Khaung Dine, passing through scenic rice fields and along country lanes. A boat takes you to Mine Thauk village to start your gentle 10km bike ride back. Overnight in Nyaung Shwe
Trekking the Shan Hills
Head to Magyigone village where we start our full day’s trek to the Pa-Oh villages. Pass through Intha villages and stop for a traditional lunch at Hti Ne, taking time to explore the village and meet locals. Overnight on Inle Lake.
Inle Lake Boat Trip
Visit the popular morning markets that are visited by local hilltribes. See floating houses and those built on stilts with gardens. Also witness the one leg rowing technique of the local fishermen. You then stop at Nga Hpe Chaung Monastery and enjoy a delicious lunch on the lake before visiting Inpawkhone to observe traditional silk weaving techniques. Overnight on Inle Lake
Price & Bookings
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a shared twin room or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B= Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- English-speaking guide + trekking guide on day 2
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private motorized boat for Inle Lake
- Bike Rental on day 1
- Entrance fees for the visits as mentioned in the program
- Water and refreshing towels while touring
Tour price excludes:
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights to Heho
- Meals other than mentioned (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D = dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
Share your thoughts with other customers.