Visit Hoi An’s colorful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
- Tour Code VDT-07
- Length haft day
- Start From Da Nang - Hoi An - Hue
- Tour Type
Red Bridge Classic Half Day Tour
We start the day (8.15am or 1.30pm) with a drink at Hai Scout Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 3863210) - our meeting point.
- Visit Hoi An’s colorful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
- We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
- On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Finish at approximately 1pm - transfer back to central Hoi An. End trip.
* A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request
Price & Bookings
|Grade tour||Price per person in US$||Single|
|2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax|
Daily group tour price: $35USD/person
Tour price includes:
- Drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café – extra drinks at Red Bridge will be charged for.
- Local English speaking guide and chef.
- Boat trip.
- Cooking demonstration and lunch.
- All recipes and notes.
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
- Free use of the new Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
- Taxis are available back to town / beach area for around US$3-5 per car.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking – no refunds.
- No child prices.
- Cooking tour operates everyday of the year.
- Tour is conducted in English.
- Minimum of 2 persons are required for the tour to operate
Share your thoughts with other customers.