The mighty Mekong River is the setting for this memorable three day cruise. You will depart from HOUEI SAY on your Luang Say cruise down the river. See spectacular river and mountain scenery and drop buy an authentic hill tribe settlement to get to know the friendly locals. Enjoy a fine buffet onboard as you watch this unchanged part of the world go by. Enjoy a magnificent sunset dinner on the banks of the river at wonderful Luang Say Lodge before retiring to you wonderful accommodation. Spend the second night in private bungalow accommodation at stunning Kamu Lodge, with its traditional design and backdrop. Try gold panning and traditional fishing techniques. You can sample your catch for dinner! Head to Luang Prabang (UNESCO world heritage city) by Kamu boat stopping on the way for a trip to visit Tam Ting ‘Caves of thousand Buddha’s’.
HOUEI SAY – PAKBENG
The LuangSay boat departs from Houeisay pier at 09:00 hrs for a cruise down the Mekong River to Pak Beng. One stop is made to visit and admire the authentic rural life of hill tribe settlements. A delicious Buffet lunch is served on board. The boat will arrive at LuangSay Lodge before sunset for overnight stop. Dinner is served at terrace overlooking the Mekong River.
PAKBENG – KAMU LODGE
Breakfast served at terrace around 07:30 hrs. In the morning visit the morning market (Optional) of Pak Beng where the nearby villagers and hill tribes buy and exchange their goods. Luangsay Boat departs at 08:30 a.m. for her second part of trip; boat makes another stop at Ban Baw to observe the processing traditional rice alcohol. Lunch is again served on board, then the boat cruise to Kamu Village. The boat will arrived at 14h00 in Kamu Lodge for the check in- private bungalow accommodation blends in harmoniously with nature. Oaditions. n the afternoon you may choose to participate in the different activities. You will be rewarded with a very original Lao experience. and Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
- Rice planting and harvesting in surrounding rice fields
- Gold panning (January to June) in the Mekong. Anything you find is yours!
- Jungle walks to search for medicinal plants
- Trekking through the forest to waterfalls (two hour hike and boat ride)
- Traditional fishing techniques. You can sample your catch for dinner!
- Local village visit
- Archery contest
KAMU LODGE – LUANG PRABANG
Breakfast at lodge, after some time to relax and a visit to the village of Kamu, cruise down to Luang Prabang (UNESCO world heritage city) by Kamu boat to Pak Ou village at the mouth of Nam Ou River, boat stops for a trip to visit Tam Ting ‘Caves of thousand Buddha’s’ then arrive Luang Prabang before Lunch. Lunch at Luang Prabang. End of services. Finish your LuangSay Cruise & Kamu Lodge Down
Price & Bookings
- The above tour prices do not apply to the French Market, excepted E – Commerce.
- Minimum 2 persons traveling together for join tour.
- For safety reasons and according to weather conditions, the program may be amended without prior notice.
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing room with parents. Infant (less than 2 years old) = free of charge.
- Group concession: 1 FOC half twin for 15 paying persons
- The above tour prices exclude current VAT.
NOTE: From 01 June ’12 to 30 June ’12, there is no operation.
- 3 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 1 nights accommodation at Luangsay Lodge with breakfast and dinner(s)
- 1 nights accommodation at Kamu Lodge with breakfast and dinner(s)
- Assistance of an English speaking cruise escort during the cruise (no guide on board)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Coffee, tea & drinking water on board and during meals.
- Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Group insurance
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Share your thoughts with other customers.