Explore Laos on a remarkable three day tour of this amazing area. You will commence your tour in Pakse in the morning making your way by riverboat on Vat Phou Cruises to Champassak. You will enjoy a riverside lunch and make your way to the 10th century pre-Angkorian temple of Vat Phou. Watch a wonderful sunset as you enjoy dinner onboard and have a relaxing sleep in your cabin docked at an out of the way Laotian Village. Visit amazing Oum Moung, a temple tucked away in the forest and continue cruising through the paradise of the “4,000 islands”. Drop by traditional villages along the way and get to know the locals as well as visiting the incredible Khong Pha Peng waterfall, “the Niagara of the East”.
Pakse / Champassak / Wat Phou
Early morning 10:30 a.m. departure from Pakse for Champassak, heading south aboard a local longtail riverboat, zigzagging through mild rapids and sand banks, arriving at Champassak in time for a riverside lunch, followed by a guided tour of the mysterious pre-Angkorian 10th century temple of Vat Phou, the boat’s namesake. As dusk falls board the Vat Phou for a relaxing cruise down-river, enjoying the tropical sunset on the deck, dinner is served on board, while the boat docks for the night alongside a remote Laotian village.
Huei Thamo / Oum Moung Temple / Khong Island
Breakfast on board as we set sail for the village of Huei Thamo, only a few minutes walk away from the spectacular hidden forest temple of Oum Moung. Afterwards rejoin the boat for a cruise southwards and lunch on the deck, while we continue our leisurely sail further south to the wild paradise of the “4,000 islands”, arrived in the afternoon closed to Khong Island (the birthplace of the President of the Peoples republic of Laos) at Ban Dua Tae, and visit this traditional Laotian Village where the traditional way of life has not changed in centuries. Back on board for quiet dinner, under the stars, serenaded by the songs by the songs of the buffalo toads.
Ban Veuthong / the “Niagara of the East / Xieng Di / Pakse
Breakfast on the deck, while cruising to the small village of Ban Veuthong where we will board a small long-tail boat to Khone Island. After visit, take a long tail boat back to the main land for lunch amid the by-gone splendid of another age; colorful French colonial houses and an old customs post, alongside a stone quay. Take a minivan to amazingly scenic splendor of the Khong Pha Peng waterfall, “the Niagara of the East“, close to the Cambodian border. Back to “civilization, for the two hours ride to Pakse, arriving in the afternoon, about 3:50 p.m. End of services. Finish your Vat Phou Cruise Down
Price & Bookings
- Minimum 2 persons traveling together for join tour.
- For safety reasons and according to weather conditions, the program may be amended without prior notice.
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing cabin with parents. Infant (less than 2 years old) = free of charge.
- The fix fee per person on charter boat covers for meals / excursions / tours and transfer during the cruise.
- Group concession: 1 FOC half twin for 15 paying persons
- The above tour prices exclude current VAT.
- Charter rate is available on request.
NOTE: In general from 01 – 30 June’11, there is no operation for annual boat maintenance. The exactly date will be advise later.
- 3 days cruise with stops and visits as mentioned in the program with English-speaking escort
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 2 nights accommodation on board
- Alll Entrance fees
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Group insurance
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Share your thoughts with other customers.