This two day Laos Cruise tour begins in Luang Prabang onboard your Luang Say Mekong Cruises boat. Cruise up the Mekong River to Pakbeng, visiting the local ethnic people and visit Tam Ting “Caves of a Thousand Buddha’s”. Upon arrival in Pakbeng, check in to your room at Luang Say Lodge. This delightful place is situated on the banks of the Mekong against a background of mountains and jungle. The traditional Laotian architecture makes this place a memorable stay. The next day make your way to Huay Xai, making your way …
LUANG PRABANG – PAK OU – PAKBENG
LuangSay boat leaves Luang Prabang pier at 07:30 hrs for a cruise up the Mekong to Pakbeng. A continental breakfast is served while the boat is cruising to Pak Ou Village, at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you will visit the Tam Ting “Caves of a Thousand Buddha’s”. Have a buffet lunch on board then stop at a hilltribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production. Arrive at Pak Beng around sunset and check in at LuangSay Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River.
PAKBENG – HOUEISAY
Full breakfast at the Lodge. At 07:00hrs board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and discover minorities, having a buffet lunch on board and continue to HoueiSay where you will arrive before 17:00 hrs (you may proceed to Chiang Rai in the same day.)
Built along the Mekong River, 1 km from Pakbeng Village half way between HoueiSay and Luang Prabang.
The construction is of tropical hardwood in the Lao traditional style and decoration – 19 rooms + restaurant, bar and central terrace linked by gangways.
Each pavilion has a terrace offering a fabulous view over the Mekong river and Valley .Each pavilion has private toilet / shower room and hot water.(1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms pavilions) .24h electricity supply, by 2 silent running generators. End of services. Finish your LuangSay Cruise Up tour
Price & Bookings
- Operated with minimum 2 persons traveling together for join tour
- For safety reasons and according to weather conditions, the program may be amended without prior notice.
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing room with parents. Infant (less than 2 years old) = free of charge.
- The fix fee per person on charter boat covers for meals / excursions / tours and transfer during the cruise.
- Group concession: 1 FOC half twin for 15 paying persons
- The above tour prices are inclusive of current VAT. Should VAT or taxes change, we reserve the rights to revise our rate accordingly.
- In general from 01 – 30 June’10, there is no operation for annual boat maintenance. The exactly date will be advise later.
- 2 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 2 lunches during the cruise
- 1 nights accommodation at Luangsay Lodge with breakfast and dinner(s)
- Assistance of an English speaking cruise escort during the cruise (no guide on board)
- Entrance fees at Tam Ting Caves (Pak Ou) and police fees en-route
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Share your thoughts with other customers.