Enjoy the Mekong river on private cruises on board authentic sampans, explore the Mekong unseen paths cruising throughout the delta and its numerous zigzag canal systems. The Mekong Horizon Co., Ltd’s head quarters based in Cai Be – Vinh Long.
The “Cai Be Princess” are exclusive river Junks operating in the Mekong Delta. It is a good choice for whom more focus in ultimate privacy and still enjoy the traditional design style whilst the other cruising options fill up. Let’s join us for boating down the Mekong River to explore lively floating markets with an abundance of colorful fresh fruits and vegetables.
Also take a glimpse into the agricultural, rural life of people at the delta region, visiting local home workshops that produce various products from rice and coconut. Cai Be Princess is a great way to glimpse the Delta scenery and life -in style and comfort.
It contains 15 lavishly furnished twin and double rooms and can accommodate up to 30 passengers. Each room has a private bathroom with shower and hot water, wardrobe, air-conditioning and fan. The rooms are well insulated against climate and sound, and all offer a phantastic panoramic view of the river. There is a large dining room in lower deck, and a stylish upper-deck inside sitting lounge, an open sitting area and sun deck on the top.
In this respect, Mekong Horizon has developped a range of products, activities and projects that:
- Minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Generates economic benefits for local people, enhances the community and improves working conditions. Involves local people in the decision-making process.
- Contributes to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage.
- Provides an enjoyable tourism experience and opportunity for tourists to meet locals.
- Provides tourists with a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues. Provides access for physically challenged tourists.
- Promotes respect between tourists and hosts, while building locals’ confidence.
Today, the company operates an own-built flottila of 11 boats with designs and styles reflecting true authentic ancient “sampans”, using materials such as rattan, bamboo and exotic wood.
Tour 1 day
Cai Be - Tan Phong - Phu An
Be picked up at your hotel at 8h00 am and transfer to Cai Be by road.Meet us at Cai Be jetty at 10:00 am. Your crew is set to welcome you aboard with cold towels and a refreshing drink while the Cai Be Princess sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise towards Tan Phong Islet. From the boat’s unique vantage point, observe life as it is lived along the river - endless boats both big and small, people working the fields, and brilliant landscapes in every shade of green. Once at Tan Phong Islet, take a short cycling trip through the villages and fruit gardens, looking out in particular for the red, spiky rambutan with its deliciously sweet flesh, the specialty of the islet. Make stops along the way to visit local cottage industries where families make everything from rice paper and rice flour cakes to roof panels from water coconut fronds and homewares from water hyacinths. From the islet, travel via rowing sampan through the peaceful, narrow canals, back to the Cai Be Princess where you’ll continue on to the village of Phu An. Your cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this elegant colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river surrounded by fruit trees, giving you a sense of how the privileged class lived in Indochina times. After lunch at approximately 2:30 pm, take a short walk along the canal towards Ba Bon Bridge where your personal vehicle awaits to drive you back to Ho Chi Minh City
Price & Bookings
Tour 1 day Cai Be - Tan Phong Island - Phu An
|Grade tour||Price per person in US$||Single|
|2- 4 pax||5 - 9 pax||10 pax +|
|June, 2018 - September 2018||$85||$70||$48|
|High season Oct 17 - May 18||$97||$75||$52|
- A 2-hour cruise on board Cai Be Princess
- Lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant, excluding beverages
- Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
- Crew assistance
- Cold towels, seasonal fruit and hot tea
- Road transportation
- Individual travel insurance
- Personal expenses during the trip
- Beverages not specified in above program
- Tips for crew and tour guide
- Any expense not clearly indicated in above program
Share your thoughts with other customers.